The Hutton Coking Coal Project consists of 5 defined mining areas. The initial focus of Valiant is on mining large volumes of SHCC/SSCC and bringing Mining Areas 2 & 1 to market through separate bankable feasibility studies post completion of a pre-feasibility study.
The Hutton Coking Coal Project has the potential to produce a globally significant quantity of coking coal by way of:
- Dual longwall operations across Mining Areas 2 & 1 – 24 mtpa;
- Across all 5 Mining Areas (if all in production) – up to 49-55 mtpa.
The Company is currently exploring interest from strategic partners in participating in the development of Mining Areas 2 & 1.
A summary of Projects for Mining Areas 2 & 1 is provided below:
Scoping Studies on both Mining Areas 2 & 1 have been completed with Palaris Mining. The two projects can be developed in sequence or in parallel. Below is a map of site access and proposed surface infrastructure.
Substantial synergies and optimisation of operating the two initial projects concurrently exist and build on substantial existing surface infrastructure and a huge body of existing date that is present from the existing operations of gas operations at surface.
Included in the Valiant database on the project includes the following and more:
- Aeromagnetic data
- Gravity data
- 2D seismic / 3D seismic data
- Digital data and geophysical logs from
- 550 well completion reports
- JORC resource report by Palaris
- Coal quality review by Geoconsult and testing by ALS Laboratories
- Scoping Study reports completed by Palaris for Mining Areas 2 & 1
- Exploration & Planning reports
- Mining Area Identification Study report
- Regional and project specific geological resource model and reports completed by Palaris
- Synergies Study report completed by Palaris
- Benchmarking Study reports (coal quality, mining productivity, etc)
B Seam Resource Classification by Mining Area
D Seam Resource Classification by Mining Area